Subject: RE: [Leica] Darkroom
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 00:29:23 +0200

> Much as we may hate to admit it, the future is clearly digital. There
> are too many pluses. -Lew

>I agree, but that in no way means film is dead, especially for B&W, and
>especially more so for medium format.
>
>Austin

Austin

I know you are one of the best experts on the digital side here in the
lists but let me just explain what I've seen yesterday. I was in my
friend's photographic shop and a man from the main Aerial Photographic
Company of Spain was just ordering two Canon EOS 1Ds for retiring their
aerial medium format systems, including Linhof aerial cameras. They have
previously tested the camera and first order was placed. For sure others
will follow.

This was not a surprise for me as I knew the camera potential. Digital,
in my humble opinion, not only will substitute film but much more quick
that we had believed. In fact my thirty two film cameras are on the
shelves getting dust, less the Linhof 4x5 and the Leicas M...Just my
opinion! However I confess b&w is not one of my priorities..

Kind regards

Felix