Subject: Re: [Leica] I renewed the name leica-camera.com
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 08:48:41 -0700

> So Brian,
> Does this mean that we could get an e-mail address that something like
> Rabinor@Leica-Camera.com?  ;)
> Or perhaps your idea of having space attached to the users group for posting
> pictures at the Leica-Camera website? ;)

This doesn't mean I own it now. They still own it.
The billing software used by their domain registrar is not sophisticated enough to prevent one of their customers from paying an invoice sent to another customer. So I just paid their invoice. If I hadn't announced it on the LUG, I suspect no one would ever have noticed.

When I kicked Anthony Atkielski off the LUG, he retaliated by grabbing the names "leica-users.com" and "leica-users.org", presumably with the intention of starting a competing email community. Which he never did. However, when he was sloppy about paying *his* invoice (a common mistake), I grabbed those domains, and I own them now. Sometime soon I will invest the time into switching the LUG over to its own domain.

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] novoflex question)
Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] I renewed the name leica-camera.com)