Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 17: Easter in Denmark
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 22:13:44 +0200

I spent the long Easter weekend with my father in Copenhagen, not least
because April 21st is the anniversary of my mother's death. My main
picture is from the windswept beach in Vallensbæk, a place to which I
return every time I visit Denmark:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_17.jpg
(M7, 21mm CV Color Skopar, Provia 100F--and yes, the light was really
that warm)

Denmark is an overwhelmingly Lutheran country, but as in most other
places in Europe, people generally do not go to church except for
wedding, funerals and baptisms. So an enterprising minister from one of
the Copenhagen churches figured that if people don't go to church, then
the church must go where the people are, and so there was an Easter
service on Copenhagen's main shopping street, Strøget, complete with
gospel choir (not a Lutheran kind of thing otherwise):

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_17alt1.jpg
(M7, 90mm Apo Summicron, Fuji Provia 100F)

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_17alt2.jpg
(M7, 50mm Summilux, Fuji Provia 100F)

Just in case my hosting service, Featureprice, really goes dead
tomorrow, I have also uploaded the 3 images to:
http://www.leica-gallery.net/wajsman/folder-4584.html

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2003.htm

and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland