Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 viewfinder upgrade
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:40:58 -0400

> > There's an old joke that software is the only industry where customers
> > pay
> > both for the privilege of beta-testing broken Version 1.0 software, and
> > then again for the fixes that should have been in the first version.
> > Looks like they learned from Leica.
> >

> Peter,
>
> It happen more and more in the car industry those days.
>
> Lucien

Lucien,

I believe the auto industry is held to a reasonable standard.  If there is a
safety issue, they legally must fix it, free of charge, even some 10 years
later.  As far as other fixes, if there is a common defect, I do believe
they do in fact voluntarily fix it.  Can you give an example of why you say
as you do?

Regards,

Austin