Subject: [Leica] OT, But not really; Customer Service
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 10:39:02 -0500

There has been a lot of LUG talk the last few days discussing what
should happen in a perfect world.

I'd like to tell you about a good experience.  It has little to do
with Leica, except we  use this little pick-up truck to go places we
want to shoot.

In 1995, my father bought an S-10  pickup, and for various, mostly
health reasons, barely drove it.  Last year he gave the truck to my
son with barely 6000 miles on it.  Nicely equipped, it has been Adam's
pride and joy.  (I'm getting to the point, really)

As you may know, he commutes 15 miles each way a day to his afternoon
job at a crawfish farm,   http://www.sonc.com/paw2/crawfishtraps.htm
(leica content)  and on the way, the tailgate ridge of the Duraliner
bed insert flew off.

Last Monday, we emailed their customer service, and asked the price of
a replacement.  Yesterday at lunchtime, the UPS guy was at my house
with an entire new tailgate assembly, prepaid, and no invoice.

Remember, this bedliner was purchased in 1995 .  One of my best
experiences with any company.  Duraliner, made by Durakon.
http://www.durakon.com/products.asp

Regards.

SonC
http://www.sonc.com