Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: True Confession
From: "telyt@earthlink.net" <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:54:25 -0400

David Young dnr@horizon.bc.ca wrote:

> The plastic cover that Doug, Seth and others (as well as the book) talk
> about is a thin clear plastic cover that is intended to protect the
bottom
> plate from scratches during handling within the factory and while the
> camera is on display in a store.

The one I have is rigid plastic with a thumbscrew to attach to the tripod
socket.  It can be removed and replaced any number of times.  Its purpose
IMHO is more psycological than anything else since the other R bodies I had
didn't suffer any from not having the cover.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .