Subject: Re: [Leica] M Viewfinder
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:49:40 -0600

This is not my area of expertise but shouldn't you select your
correction lens based on your vision not on the camera's viewfinder?
For example I have normal vision and do not have to use a +0.5
correction lens to see the finder clearly. Perhaps discussing this with
your optometrist would be helpful.

John Collier

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 01:20 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> John
>
> So, if I install a +3 diopter lens on the eyepiece I would get
> +3 + (-0.5)= +2.5 which is my right eye correction. Right?
> Well, I tried that and it made the view much worse!
> I did it by holding a Nikon +3 correction lens at the eyepiece
> of my M3.   What did I do wrong?
>
> Jerry
>
> John Collier wrote:
>
>> According to Leica the viewfinder is set "at -0.5 diopters".
>>
>> source: M6 brochure of 9/96
>>
>> John Collier
>>
>> On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 09:33 AM, grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Anybody out there know what the apparent viewing distance the
>>> rangefinder
>>> patch is in the Leica M?  I wear glasses and I would like to get my
>>> next
>>> set of lenses set up for the proper distance as my current lenses are
>>> hard
>>> to use due to this problem.  I use the variable focal type lenses
>>> (seamless
>>> bifocals)