Subject: [Leica] Travels with M6 - Farmers Market
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:02:06 -0700

Jerry wrote:
"Oliver
Ah! Sonoma produce.  Best in the world.  I can practically smell
it when I see your pictures.  Sonoma is also the source of some of
the best wines, cheese and poultry.
We try to make our pilgrimage there every few years.  I didn't know
that there were Leica people there.
Jerry"

Last year I had my IIIa with me a few times at the market. Several folks
accosted me with nostalgic comments about the Leicas "just like that one"
they had when they were younger, or that they (or their dad) brought back
from World War II or occupation duty in Germany, etc. On one occasion a
tourist (easily recognizable by wearing expensive "casual" clothes) said
condescendingly, "why are you using that old thing? you ought to get one of
these" and held up his (probably brand new) M7. On another occasion a cute
young thing, a tiny digital camera hanging above her bare midriff, said
brightly "is that a real camera?"
The produce is really first rate. Let me know when you come up next time!
Oliver

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Travels with M6 - Farmers Market)