Subject: [Leica] Missing black Leica III
From: Howard Sanner <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 15:18:16 -0400

	In case any of you see this camera:

	On Mar. 19, 2003, I airmailed black Leica III S/N 122437, in
brown ERC, with nickel 5cm f/3.5 Elmar lens (11 o'clock infinity
stop; no S/N that I could ever find) to a list member in
Montreal. The box also contained a skylight filter and cable
release. This camera can be further identified by erratic
operation of the slow shutter speeds: sometimes they are dead on,
and other times they operate at about 1/60 no matter where the
dial is set. Inside the ERC was paperwork from Kindermann for a
CLA that lists the camera's S/N.

	As of today, May 17, 2003, this camera has not arrived in
Montreal, nor has it been returned to me. I have filed paperwork
with the U.S. Postal Service to try to track it down. (I was told
at the local P.O. that I could neither insure it nor get delivery
confirmation. No need to start a P.O. bashing thread about this.)

	If any of you sees it or is offered a chance to buy it, please
call your local police. Then please email me.

	If the other party to this transaction wants to post about it,
and reveal his name and eddress, that's fine with me.

	I want to emphasize--though I hope there is no implication above
otherwise--that from my perspective there is no "problem" of any
kind between me and the other party to this transaction. He has
taken an adult, professional, friendly approach to trying to
figure out what's going on and is dealing completely,
unequivocally, 100% in good faith. I hope he feels the same about
me.

	Thanks for any leads.

						Howard Sanner
						flagstad@mindspring.com