Subject: [Leica] R8 Strangeness...
From: "Randy Jensen" <randy@jamzcheer.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:09:49 -0700

I have 2 R8's.  My black R8 works perfectly, but my chrome R8 occasionally
will flash 00 on the frame counter and not shoot.  If I turn it off and back
on, it will continue to fire, usually with no more problems through the
whole roll.

I've gotten used to this behavior and work around it, but I'm wondering if
anyone on the LUG knows what's causing this.  Could it be dirty contacts, or
is it something more serious?  I have the winder (not drive) on both bodies,
and have switched them between bodies to see if one winder is odd - but it's
always the chrome body that does this.

Thanks in advance!