Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Strangeness...
From: DentKimTerry@cs.com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:14:54 EDT

I had an R8 that acted similar. In addition to your symptoms the viewfinder
at times showed exposure compensation when none was set.  Then it would
totally lock up. Pulling the batteries overnight got it going but not for
long. I sent it Leica USA for an estimate. Guess what............they fixed
all the problems for free! I've had it back a year now without problems.
Terry Dent