Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 ink cart switching
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:27:13 -0700

Jim Laurel asked:
Subject: [Leica] OT Epson 2200 ink cart switching

> I've just gotten this printer and am wondering if ink cartridges can be
> swapped without any problem.  With my previous Epson (1200), if you took
the
> cartridge out, it could not be replaced.  Specifically, I want to be able
> swap in the matte black cartridge for printing b&w.<<<

Hi Jim,
We have a 2200 and switch ink cartridges all the time between Matt Black and
photo black. I've run a cartridge down to where the printer stopped in the
middle of making a print due to empty ink well, out came the empty and in
went a full, the printer did whatever it does and then continued printing
without a trace of stopping and re-starting showing on the print.

My one word of advice on ink cartridges, always keep a full set as spares!
Because if one goes empty the machine stops and wont print. Even if you only
want B&W, & a colour is empty the machine is dead until the colour cartridge
is re-placed....... even though you are using only black inks.

Now if we could get 2200 ink cartridges with about a gallon reserve it would
be wonderful! As I've damn near bought two printers in cost of Epson ink
cartridges. I gave up trying to get answers from the " big reserve ink
producers"  on 2200 replacement reservoirs as they never answer my requests
on this 2200 matter.

Of course EPSON make their big profit off ink sales and sure as hell aren't
going to make a big well / reservoir as they'll loose a fortune. However,
one of these days someone will. And the ink well size is the only gripe I
have with the  2200 Epson.

In my company we're moving closer to all digital printing simply because the
quality is so amazing with the 2200 I can't believe what the scanner /
computer / printer squeeze out of my negatives that I can't get after 53
years of wet print production.

I mean 13 X 19 prints, B&W or colour, that every nuance of gradation is
sucked off the negative or slide and makes some of the simplest, not to
forget the toughest available light situations look like Rembrant paintings.
And to an old fart like me, who on Tueday next week is 74 and will have had
his hands in professional working wet print trays for 53 years, this digital
stuff is pure magic. Love it! :-)

Sorry Jim I kinda slipped off the question, but yes pull one out and put
another in anytime. Obviously the correct well must go in the correct slot.
ted

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Carrying multiple bodies...)
Message from "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov> (Re: [Leica] Carrying multiple bodies...)
Message from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> ([Leica] OT Epson 2200 ink cart switching)