Subject: Re: [Leica] Focussing screen for R4 query
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 22:04:17 -0400

My experience, similar to yours.  If you are NOT going to do macro or
extreme telephoto, and you want the maximum focusing aid for your focal
lengths, your best bet is to get an R screen (not R4) of the universal type.
If all that split image pattern is visually disturbing to you, then the
microprism screen may be the thing.  The R screens are said to be somewhat
brighter than the R4 type and are compatible with the R4's.  Needless to
say, you might explore the idea that you may need some help with diopter
correction for your 40+ vision---and a hearty welcome to the club :-)

Julian

Regards.........Julian