Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 15:39:36 -0400

In the past 10-15 years every camera maker has abandoned its manual focus
users and introduced a new auto-focus mount, making its previous incarnation
of lenses obsolete.  (OK, Nikon did not entirely abandon its manual focus
mount, but is now having problems mating its autofocus mount to full frame
digital).  There is some very good and relatively inexpensive previous
generation R glass (60mm Elmarit, 90mm Elmarit, 180mm Telyt to name three)
that will work very nicely with a digital body.  Beats the heck out of
buying new glass or a whole new system.

If Leica can pull this off---introduce a digital back or digital camera and
not change the existing R mount---I say Leica is AHEAD of the curve, at
least in terms of supporting the initial investment of its user base.

"Imagine" that.

Gary