Subject: Re: [Leica] Wide angles lens
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 17:09:21 -0400

My suggestion is a bit different.  I say the 28 is very close to the 35,
maybe too close.  You want a wide angle that's clearly distinguishable from
the 35?  I say pull out the 24mm and use it.   It sounds like you may need
to use a separate finder for the 28 anyway, you might as well use a 24 if
you're going to use a separate finder.  Lately my street kit consists of the
24 Elmarit, 35 'Cron and 90 Elmarit---that is when I don't leave the 35 at
home and take my Yashica T5 P&S instead for grab shots.

As for buying a Voigtlander instead of a Leica, why?  A new Voigtlander will
depreciate 20% the moment you take it out of the box.  If you must, try a
used 28mm Leica, use it, if you don't like it, sell it for the same money.

Gary

Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 5:02 PM

Message from "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch> (Re: [Leica] Wide angles lens)