Subject: Re: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: Phong <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 23:42:51 -0400

Austin Franklin  wrote, in part, regarding the superiority of Leica lenses:
> Gary,
> If you understood how digital sensors worked, you'd understand that the
> glass "outperforming" is, for the most part, irrelevant.  The digital
sensor
> has a low pass filter over it that will basically, dumb down the MTF of
the
> lense to match that of the sensor pitch.

Aistin,

I have heard this before, mostly from Jim Brick, and you; more recently
I have heard that the DSLRs are getting good enough to challenge the
performance of the lenses.  I then realized that I don't understand the
issue
well enough.  Where can I get more technical information background on
the issue ?  Thanks,

- - Phong