Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 00:03:36 -0400

Hi Phong,

> I have heard this before, mostly from Jim Brick, and you; more recently
> I have heard that the DSLRs are getting good enough to challenge the
> performance of the lenses.

That is true, to some degree.  You can't use low end lenses with 6M pixels
or higher.  But, whether you'll actually "realize" the benefits of the high
end glass, no.

> I then realized that I don't understand the
> issue
> well enough.  Where can I get more technical information background on
> the issue ?  Thanks,

Schneider write a white paper some time ago about this.  I have the paper on
my web site:

http://www.darkroom.com/MiscDocs/optics_for_digital_photography.pdf

Regards,

Austin