Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 50/2 Dual Range
From: Dr.Alexander.Kraus@gmx.de
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:37:51 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Claudio,
the very first Leica M6 (first two or three years of production) had a
somewhat larger shade in front of the metering cell. When the DR-Summicron was
uesd in the normal mode, this shade would hit the "near range part" of the
focussing cam. Thus you were not able to focus to infinity. With my later M6 and I
assume all M6TTL, M7 and MP, this is not a problem any more, since the shade
became a little bit narrower. But I guess even if you have such an early M6
it would be no big deal to have the old style shade replaced.
Regards,
Alex