Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon FS4000
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 07:28:16 +0100

I also use a FS4000 and generally I use FilmGet with FARE for my
scanning because it is a lot faster than Vuescan. However, I do use
Vuescan for some Kodachrome and for some silver-based b&w negs. I find
that I have no hard and fast rule on this, it is just that sometimes an
image doesn't scan well with FilmGet so I go back to Vuescan but I find
that I am using Vuescan less and less these days. The FilmGet software
does take a bit of getting used to though, and I am now finding that I
can do more adjustments prior to the scan than I used to. Like most
people I just plugged it in and started whereas I now find that the CD
based handbook helps! If had been a paper book I probably would have
read it a lot earlier in the learning curve.

Regards

Gerry