Subject: RE:[Leica] RE: Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:41:35 +0200

At 09:54 PM 5/26/2003 +0200, someone wrote:
>I've not yet tested this camera
>with my R lenses, with an adapter, but it could be the best of two
>worlds, specially the 21-35 Vario Elmar truly better than Canon 16-35 L

>I would like someone to SHOW ME (or anyone) the difference in finished
>images, between using the 21-35 Vario Elmar and the Canon 16-35 L, on a
EOS
>1D body. I do not believe that a digital sensor has the ability to
collect
>enough of the right kind of image data that signifies or plays-up the
>differences between these two lenses. Truly stunning digital images are
not
>the result of a particular lens and sensor, they are the result of in
>camera and out of camera image processing algorithms.

>Jim

Hi Jim

I suppose that some automatic email system wrote the first line who, at
least, in my country, could be understood as bad manners, instead of
saying Felix, or John, or Peter wrote! Anyway "someone" it's me Felix
Lopez de Maturana and as I am not Austin, much more ignorant than him, I
cannot defend my point of view so strongly.

I was referring to EOS 1Ds and when the comparative test has be done
I'll be pleased to SHOW YOU the results. Up to now my experience is that
digital high end cameras, combining good optics and big sensors, produce
incredible pictures so I thought that improving one of them should
improve the output and I have some experience as I'm user of a rather
large Leica equipment, not to mention Hasselblad, Linhof, Rolleiflex,
Nikon, Canon, Contax, etc.

Kind regards

Felix

PS: has nowadays the courtesy any value or am I perhaps a old-fashioned
man?

Replies: Reply from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> ([Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-))