Subject: [Leica] OT: Courtesy (was Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:36:55 -0700

Felix,
Unfortunately, courtesy is on the decline in the West.  We face increasing
incivility every day.  Automobile drivers shout and make rude gestures at
one another, teachers suffer abusive language from students, and reality tv
shows assail us with rude behavior and coarse language constantly.  Amidst
this backdrop, there is a false, patronizing courtesy, that you get from
civil and corporate servants.

The place where I have experienced the most genuine courtesy is the Middle
east, especially Iran.  Spain and India would also rank high on my courtesy
scale.

> PS: has nowadays the courtesy any value or am I perhaps a old-fashioned
> man?

- --Jim Laurel