Subject: RE: [Leica] Slightly OT: C-41 b&w films
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:04:38 +0100

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
always found 400CN to be very tolerant and I have a feeling hat Portra
is probably more so although I have only shot a few rolls of it. It
just makes life so simple to switch to C41 b&amp;w. You can scan it
with no trouble, get it processed anywhere etc. etc. I first used it on
a trip to the US when I was worried about x-rays on film (and don't
lets get started on that!) and haven't changed since.<br>
Gerry<br>
Jeffery Smith wrote:<br>
&gt; Let me just barge in here &lt;g&gt;. XP2 is susceptible to blown
highlights <br>
&gt; when<br>
&gt; shot at 400. If you rate it lower, it blows them out even worse.
If <br>
&gt; you rate<br>
&gt; it higher, it looks grainier. T400CN seems to be less likely to do
this.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Jeffery<br>