Subject: Re: [Leica] Slightly OT: C-41 b&w films
From: "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:40:23 -0500

For scanning, Portra 400 B&W gives you the best neutral black and white
scan. I love XP2 for "wet" prints, but with scanning, XP2 requires too much
work. The tonal range in Portra is excellent and I get great prints from it
on my Epson 2200. IMO, Portra is an improved version of TCN 400. I hope
Ilford improves XP2 for scanning, print times in the darkroom are too long
for Portra.

Chris
New Orleans