Subject: RE: [Leica] Use film, or block the panel!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:09:44 -0400

Hi Tim,

> > > well, action and sports is one thing... but the LCD panel on my little
> > > Nikon 5000 is a wonderful thing and gets you experimenting with
> > > compositions you would never have seen through a viewfinder.
> >
> > Johnny...if it's not visible in the viewfinder, how is it visible on the
> > LCD?
> >
> > Austin
>
> He didn't say it wasn't visible, rather you would never have seen the
> composition.

How is that?  If it's visible on the LCD, it's visible in the
viewfinder...and the composition is identical.

> It's like a mini ground glass (only right way up). The screen
> gives you a different image than the viewfinder - two dimensional rather
> than three. And psychologically different than the "tunnel"
> vision on an SLR

I've used LCD viewfinders for quite some time on digital cameras, and don't
find that to be true...for me...nor have I ever, in the many many people
I've spoken to about the virtues/foibles of LCD finders ever mentioned such
a "thing".

I'd like for you (or Johnny) to show an example.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Use film, or block the panel!)