Subject: Re: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 22: Alsace
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:24:42 -0700

Nathan Wajsman posted:
>>it rained much of the time :-( We nevertheless made the best of it,> SNIP

Hi Nathan,
But this says it all! That even though it rained you made pictures when many
others would've said to "hell with this" and sat in the bar all day.

When it's raining, it only adds another element to create interesting
pictures and not an excuse to forget picture taking. It creates a wonderful
time to use ones imagination on how to make the rain work for you, rather
than creating a crying reason not take pictures.

I like them all as you made use of the soft overcast light in each
situation.

Of these two shots, man leaving shop and ladies chatting, I prefer the
ladies. Why? Well they seem to be more involved and a better compostion
feeling of them and the buildings.

The grape leaves I felt would've been better as a tighter more concentrating
on a leaf and rain drop. Almost like a macro type shot. Rather than this
slightly overall compositon.

But as always, it's to each his own and it's the shooters eye that counts
most, as that's the bottom line who has to be satisfied in the end. :-)

I have a liking for all of them, it's just I like a couple more than
another. ;-)  Well done, in the rain and all. :-) keep them coming.
ted