Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: New Hexar RF? Don't wake me
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:48:57 -0700

Steve Barbour asked  re:
> Jeffery, Ted, ........OK, cheaper yes, but really, c'mon guys...tell me
> this is better than a 35  f1.4  ASPH S' lux....please be gentle...<<<

Hi Steve,
I have to tell you I was extremely impressed with the photographs Tom
Abrahamsson showed me taken with his 35 1.2 Nokton. Wide open! It's a, I
believe, "tri Aspheric lens."  What that means I don't give a hoop as long
as it makes my photographs cut into film look better. :-)

If it doesn't cut the image differently into the film....I'll sell it.

Now guys if I'm not saying this correctly re: tri aspherical,  don't go into
a wailing hissy fit for crying out loud. Explain why I'm wrong and I'll
accept your great words of wisdom.

Steve, the results I saw were without question, quite sharply interesting
comparing them to a few of my WIM photographs shot at 1.4 with a 35 Summilux
1.4, it would've made a major difference to the appearance of the shot.

I know, people are now going to say...."but the Summilux 1.4 isn't the
Aspheric 1.4! Yep that's right. However, I know looking at what I saw of the
Nokton and what I've shot wide open with the Summilux since 1967 when it
first went into action during the Six Day war, the Nokton is one ass cutting
piece of glass.

And yes we have the results of the Aspheric around here every day with Sandy
Carter's fine photography, so it isn't like I've never seen any results.

And like I say, if it doesn't cut film images of the type I expect.....
quite simply I'll sell it. Game over and not a whine. I'll keep you posted.
:-)
ted

Message from "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith@dcc.edu> (Re: [Leica] OT: New Hexar RF? Don't wake me)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT: New Hexar RF? Don't wake me)