Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 135mm APO Telyt
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:14:43 -0600

The 135/3.4 APO is an amazing lens but the previous 135/4 Tele-Elmar is
spectacular as well. The difference between the two is so slight I
would go with the much cheaper T-E. If you mainly shoot outdoors in
bright light then the 135/4.5 Hektor is an excellent lens when stopped
down. It is soft wide open, unlike the other two, but it is dirt cheap
and well worth the look in to try out the 135 focal length without
committing large sums of money. The Hektor really shines when you mount
it on the a Visoflex set up and explore the smaller side of life. It is
a stunning macro lens unlike the T-E which does not shine as well at
f/22. I have heard the 135/3.4 does maintain its performance all the
way down.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica 135mm APO Telyt)