Subject: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF
From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:15:37 -0400

It's worth reminding that (for optical reasons that exceed my ken) the Hexar RF/Leica
M lens compatibility problem is most pronounced with wide angle lenses at close
distances & full aperture, not fast normals or teles.
Apparently there is an "easy" fix for this. I've been told that if one removes the
Hexar RF bayonet mount there are shims that, once discarded, allow the cameras to be
adjusted for Leica M lens compatibility. A qualified tech should do this.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal