Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 135mm APO Telyt
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 22:55:34 -0400

At 11:33 AM 6/4/03 -0400, Robert Clark wrote:
>What's the general thinking on
>the 135 focal length for the M line and/or the 135 3.4 Telyt?  Have many
>luggers out there used it and I'm wondering what your thoughts are on
>the lens.  Currently, I have a 35mm Summicron ASPH, 50mm Summilux, and
>the 90.

I love longer focal lengths and detest wide-angle lenses, passionately,
though I do own a couple.

I own the 3.4/135 APO-Televid, an older 4/135 Elmar, and a number of other
lenses which can be fitted onto my M's (Carl Zeiss Jena Triotars and
Sonnars and a Jupiter-11).

I love them.  They are superb lenses with a worthy camera.  Longer focal
lengths work well to isolate a subject from the background, and the 3.4/135
is, frankly, the best of the lot, though that Sonnar is also a hard one to
beat!

Marc

msmall@infionlinei.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!