Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica 135mm APO Telyt
From: "leirex@access4less.net" <leirex@access4less.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 13:16:48 -0400

I am sorry but meant to say APO-Telyt.

David

Original Message:
- -----------------
From: leirex@access4less.net leirex@access4less.net
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:24:51 -0400
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Robert,

  Welcome to the wonderful world of getting-deserted 135mm realm.  I have
been using 135/4 Tele-Elmar and APO-Tele-Elmar extensively as I am a tele
guy.  I would say that the APO is definitely a winner hands down but the
Tele-Elmar is right up to its heel as most Tele-Elmar users would agree.
Unless you blow up to poster or larger size, you probably would not notice
any difference.  The APO is still hoding its value reasonably while the
Tele-Elmar is surprisingly cheap these days.
  The only gripe that I might mention is it is sort of tough to focus with
all other M bodies other than the M3.  I strongly suggest you use the M3 if
you are to use the 135mm.  Once I tried to use the Tele-Elmar on the M4P,
which was really aggravating at dusk.  Of course, the result was not up to
my satisfaction.  I recommend either Tele-Elmar or APO (if you are ready to
spend over $1000) along with a M3 with NO reservation.  In my book, 135mm
is not intended to be used with any other M bodies.

Best Regards,
David Lee