Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: help for first time Hassie buyer?
From: Roger Skully <robinsnes@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 00:30:05 -0400

On 6/7/03 3:52 PM, "korenman" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> Love my M7 and the LUG, but I am thinking of buying a used Hassleblad 500
> series camera,
> Any good sites out there for first time buyers? Any "Do's and Don'ts" kinda
> site?
> Any pointers from Leica / Hassie owners?
>
> To answer the first question - "Why?"
> Answer: Prices are falling as photographers go digi and shuck off their
> 6x6s. Seems like a good time to be a contrarian, snap up a bargains and have
> fun.
>
> Eric
> --
There are some similarities to the Leica...but not in the rangefinders focus
of the M Leica. The Hassy 500CM is a springs and wire camera...like the M.
It has no meter...like the M 2,3,4. It reduces making the image to its most
important  level, you...the photographer make the critical choices...like
the M. It doesn't get you caught up in the latest electronic wonders that
drive you crazy when they don't do what you want them to do...like the M
(older models that don't have all those blinkenlights). Carry a separate
meter and really learn about exposure and take control of the photographic
session...like the M. If you want a basic machine, Like the older M Leicas,
then you will like the Hasselblad and really enjoy it for the photographic
delight that it is. If you like blinkenlights.....

Roger

- --
Roger Skully
Robinšs Nest Photography