Subject: Re: [Leica] Recommend light meter with "odd" shutter speeds?
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:36:32 -0500

http://www.spectracine.com/classp.htm

The Spectra is a meter designed for cine use, It uses ASA slides that
limit the amount of light hitting the cell and set it for 1/50th.  You
could pick out the slide that corresponds to the shutter speed you
want, and have a direct reading meter.  The thing is wonderful; I've
had mine for a looong time.

The incident bulb is about the size of a hemi-ping-pong ball.

Technical Specifications:

METER SCALE: Footcandles and f/stops. Reads f/stops direct when ASA
slide is inserted.

EXPOSURE RANGE: From 1/4000 second to 8 minutes. Film exposure indexes
from ASA 0.1 to 32000; f/stops from 0.5 to 45.

DISPLAY RANGE: ISO: 3 to 8000 in 1/3-stop increments. FRAMES PER
SECOND: 2 to 360 (for motion picture cameras). Exposure time:
1/8000sec to 30 minutes.

LIGHT MEASUREMENT: Incident or reflected light with exclusive snap-on
attachments.

SWIVEL HEAD: Assembly turns 270 degrees.

METER PACKAGE INCLUDES: ASA slides, PHOTO-SPHERE, PHOTOGRID, PHOTODISK
and neck strap in carrying case. Pointer lock options at small extra
cost.

DIMENSIONS: 4-1/2" X 2-1/8" X 11/4"

> Jim - http://www.hemenway.com
>

> Andrew Moore wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone recommend a light meter that shows readings with
non-standard
> > speeds (by today's standards anyway) such as those on the IIIf?
(i.e.,