Subject: [Leica] 15 super elmar V 21-35 Vario
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:55:52 +1000

If you visit the Colorado River at Horseshoe bend, be prepared for a
wide angle shot ;-) I was hoping to use the X-pan with 30mm, but it was
not nearly wide enough to capture the height of this area. On the cliff
face were many "unhappy" canon/nikon users with 28 to 24mm lenses. They
flipped when they saw me hanging over the edge with my "ton" of glass.

Here is the uncropped effect of using

1. the 15 super elmar

http://stairfirkin.com/Mayimages/horseshoe15.jpg

2. the 21-35mm Vario (set on 21) just wide enough ;-)

http://stairfirkin.com/Mayimages/horseshoe21.jpg

R8
hand held -- the tripods cannot get close enough to the edge
Agfa APX 100
f8 about 1/60 early morning
Straight images from the splitgrade analyser
Agfa paper in Ilford developer in Jobo

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] 15 super elmar V 21-35 Vario)