Subject: Re: [Leica] 15 super elmar V 21-35 Vario
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:20:36 -0700

Alastair Firkin showed the effects of:
>>> 15 super elmar & 21-35 Vario<<<<
> If you visit the Colorado River at Horseshoe bend, be prepared for a
> wide angle shot ;-) I was hoping to use the X-pan with 30mm, but it was
> not nearly wide enough to capture the height of this area. On the cliff
> face were many "unhappy" canon/nikon users with 28 to 24mm lenses. They
> flipped when they saw me hanging over the edge with my "ton" of glass.
>
> Here is the uncropped effect of using
> > 1. the 15 super elmar
>  http://stairfirkin.com/Mayimages/horseshoe15.jpg
> > 2. the 21-35mm Vario (set on 21) just wide enough ;-)
> > http://stairfirkin.com/Mayimages/horseshoe21.jpg<<<

Way to go Alastair!!! :-) I love that 15mm, it's one of my work horse lenses
on location or inside shooting interiors.

Here it illustrates it's beauty in capturing what you other wise could not
unless you had a 15.... or wider. This is the lens that keeps the competion
out of the ball park unles they have one also. A very nice photograph, well
done.

And using the 21-35 illustrates to Luggers why they should have a 15 in
their back pocket just in case they need a " really really wide angle!" ;-)
And if someone needs one for an M camera nothing wrong with the C-V 15 as
it's a piece of cake to pop in place and blaze away.
ted