Subject: [Leica] Snapshots vs 'art'
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:56:24 -0400

I think, B.D., that (at least for me!) it's almost an apology because you
don't want the viewer to see these as 'your best work'. 'Snaps' of the kids
and family are just unthinking grab shots, or more often posed (here is a
photo of the kids in front of the lion pen at the National Zoo) and
represent something of a record, nothing more. Only the photographer, those
in it and relatives want to see it
    However, I think you have a point - SOMETIMES, if you are lucky, the Zen
thing we all spoke of before - and a gorgeous photograph just 'happens'
while you are 'snapping' - then you can show it to everyone, because then
you can call it 'art' ;-)
    Ed

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (RE: [Leica] Snapshots vs 'art')
Reply from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] Snapshots vs 'art')