Subject: [Leica] New Nikon Lens Mount Olympus 4/3 System D SLR
From: mak@teleport.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:44:33 -0700 (PDT)

the 4/3 D SLR System from Olympus is not full frame, is backed by Kodak and is not compatible with OM lenses...it also is said to suffer from a high price...it will be very interesting to see how the market reacts.

Unfortunately, Olympus P/Oed the retail channel with a (since rescinded) decision to favor big box stores in leiu of camera stores...(which is why there are oceans of cheap P400s on ebay right now...ditto for E20s...Tymers in Vancouver USA unloaded their new boxed P400 to me for $300 with a Volvo load of media and ribbons! Do check with your favorite camera store that carried Olympus for similar deals)

Anyone know how much the asking price for the photographic part of Nikon is?

> Well, actually, Olympus is just days away from unveiling a whole new
system - as in the OM - which will be the first digital SLR system
designed from "the ground up." It is said that it will be available in
the fall...

B. D.