Subject: [Leica] 28mm PC SA R--Terrific//Also, I need a skylight, 81A for warming up Kodachrome on overcast days.
From: Martin Krieger <krieger@usc.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:03:58 -0700

I use the 28 PC Super Angulon with the grid screen to document the urban
built environment (I'm a prof of city planning). It is terrific to use, and
does not feel big on my R8. I walk along and photograph, and I align
horizontally and vertically, and so do not get any slew (or
unrectangularity) in the images. (A real problem handholding my SWC.) I'm
always adjusting the shift to get in the buildings. And once I got used to
it, I found that the manual stop down was not a problem. I use the manual
metering for Kodachrome, since the sky always confuses the images--

I'm a big fan. I have nothing to say about other PC lenses with other
cameras. I am tempted to get a PC for the Hasselblad (a 40mm and a PC
attachment), but this might be too much.

Does anyone have a 81A or skylight filter for the PC SA 28mm R? Kodachrome
tends to be too cold on overcast days, and I need the longevity of
Kodachrome (vs. a warmer Ektachrome or Fujichrome).

MK