Subject: Re: [Leica] New Nikon Lens Mount
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:39:43 -0700

bdcolen wrote:

> Well, I may be totally wrong - but my understanding is precisely the
> opposite. That is, that Nikon is NOT going full-frame, and is producing
> a line of smaller, lighter digital lenses. But only time will tell. ;-)
>
> B. D.

B.D. I think there is going to be a period of about 7 years in which the
companies have their flagship full chip cameras and then a pretty good
1.6x chip maybe 1.7! A mid range 1.5 (how convenient) and then a dirt
cheap tupperware 1.4 like the Nikon F80 analog camera (I love that!)

In a few years even the cheap cameras will be full chip. Don't forget.
This is the future!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com