Subject: RE: [Leica] Kodak stock is down(way down!) this morning.
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:32:59 +0100

It is a weird world that we move in at the moment. The general public,
and a lot of photographers, are getting very confused and there seem to
be this feeling that we 'must shoot digital'. I have been booked for a
party for the launch of the new Harry Potter book and was told "We need
digital". I asked why and it was because "we need you to email us the
images". I asked when they wanted them by and they said at the opening
of business the following morning, so I assured them I could email them
by them but I would be shooting film. They seemed very confused and
uncertain whether to trust me, but I got the job. This for the combined
might of the UKs biggest book retailer and one of the biggest
advertising agencies!

Gerry

bdcolen wrote:

 > I don't know if film is "outta here," but I find it both fascinating and
 > telling that Kodak is advertising a disposable film camera on t.v. in a
 > commercial telling people that they can use it to get "digital
 > pictures." And ads for the camera stress that it produces high quality
 > digital images.
 >
 > B. D.

- --
Gerry Walden LRPS