Subject: RE: [Leica] Latest from "Deep Throat" Leica - Digital Back Specs
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:12:32 -0400

It's true that until the new Olympus DSLR hits the stores - allegedly
this fall (it's being seriously previewed next week - all DSLRs are
based on film SLRs. But we're not talking about "based on," or "built
from" here - we're talking about "riveted on." Hey, it may work
beautifully and suit the needs of the niche market that Leica R sits in.
(Whether it makes Leica any money is another question entirely.) But
there is absolutely no way that it will be state of the art by the time
it emerges.