Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Film is Archival
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:25:27 -0400

For anyone who shoots color - is there asnyone who does not? - the Birdman
is at the heart of it.

From: "Douglas Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net>

> We'll know better in about 30 years.  By that time we may be wondering why
we let Kodachrome die without a fight.

My wife still occasionally asks why can't you use print film? Well, because
I've used Kodachrome since 1945 when as a kid I borrowed my dad's pre-WWII
Leica IIIa and the slides are still fine.

25 years later on a month-long trip in Zambia, Rhodesia (as it was then),
Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda I shot nothing but Kodachrome except for three
rolls of Agfachrome 50 (I liked the very neutral colors and black blacks and
the brilliant light permitted use of very slow film). Today the Kodachromes
are perfect; the Agfachrome is faded and useless.

Seth