Subject: Re: [Leica] Film is Archival
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:04:06 -0700

on 06/21/03 4:20 PM, Brian Reid at reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> However, it is unlikely that you really need an *archival* backup of all
> 400GB, so you could maybe get by with one FireWire 200.

Exactly! And there will come a time when some company will wake up and
provide an affordable, archival service to people. But I don't think enough
people have digital cameras. The critical mass will come as horror stories
start to emerge.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"He's dead Jim...
         ...I'll get his tricorder, you get his wallet."

                                                    -Star Trek