Subject: Re: [Leica] Film is Archival
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:26:20 -0700

on 06/21/03 9:32 PM, Teresa299@aol.com at Teresa299@aol.com wrote:

> To me that's one of the big problems with
> digital everything.  You become a prisoner to it.

As they say, choose your poison. Slave to digital, or slave to archival
negative sleeves, space taken up in the closet, chemicals staining your
clothes, less control over quality, necessity of filters on lenses - cutting
quality and amount of light (thus shutter speed/aperture), and the list goes
on.

Either way you go, there's a whole lot of housekeeping to do that happens
after the click of the shutter. Once I realized the value of digital vs.
film, the choice isn't that hard when it comes to every-day photography shot
for the job.

For personal an artistic reasons, it's not quite as easy.

- --
Eric
Carlsbad, CA