Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] R8 with Drive is ripping the sprocket holes! ???
From: "" <leica-user@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:52:57 -0700

Funny enough

Just this weekend, I overheard a dealer saying that this problem is endemic to the R8 plus
the motordrive.  I was really perturbed hearing this after buying my R8 only about 6months
ago.   I could have bought the R9 which he said is rid of all these problems but i chose to
go with supposedly old reliable R8 which I forsee to be nearing its age of problem free
functioning.

I would like to hear more about registering for any pro servicing of my equipment in Solm?
I tap on wood, hope that my R8 does not start to sh.. itself.

Has anybody else felt kinda iffy about their R8?

Ruddy