Subject: Re: [Leica] HCB Did It All First
From: Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:05:26 -0700

Having lived in France, I have to admit to a certain amount of bias.
looking at HCB's work, I'm often reminded of french movies espousing the
true meaning of love and relationships.
He has a didactic formulary that I find as heavy handed, and yes,
Gallic. Mind you, technically, the work, and its decades old
consistency, is remarkable. But it leaves me with the feeling that I've
been talked down to.
Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] HCB Did It All First)