Subject: Re: cell phones (WAS: [Leica] Digital usage)
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:03:23 +0200

We are four people in my household and have at any given time at least 4
cellphones. During the past 8 years we have worn out and hence replaced
several of them (like most small objects carried around in pockets, they
are liable to take a tumble to the ground occasionally). The past
several purchases have required no reading of the manual at all to get
them working. Granted, we have no camera phones, just plain Nokia phones
of various flavors, designed for the killer application of mobile
telephone--talking.

At least outside the US, mobile telephony is far less technically
challenging to the consumer than operating the VCR or washing machine.

Nathan