Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica R-Digital Back
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> wrote:

>> I wonder how they plan to deal with the viewfinder issue,
>> since the sensor is smaller than full-frame. Can that be
>> handled with a dioper attachment that slips in where the
>> normal eyepiece goes?
>
> It could simply be a mask that goes on top of the focusing
> screen or a new focusing screen with crop marks for the
> sensor area.
>
> That second alternative, screen with crop marks, would be a
> nice solution.  Then you would get some of the advantages of
> a rangefinder ... seeing the view outside the framelines.

This question was asked during the press conference.  The answer was that a screen with crop marks would be provided with the camera.  The screen probably would be the universal screen but if demand warranted then other screens would also be available.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com