Subject: RE: [Leica] Will the Digital R hurt the M system?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:14:22 -0400

Mark,

> If we are lucky sane heads will find a way to graft a back on our
> M cameras...maybe Tom A will cook up something for us!

I'm not sure it's Tom A that I'd look to for such a thing...not his area of
expertise I'd venture to day.

> What happens to the e-film patents if they never produced a
> product based on them?  Mark

WHAT patents?  I never looked, but I'm not sure that they actually have any.
IF they did get any patents, and the company is defunct, and no one has
bought the patents/assets, then really not much anyone is going to do.  The
issue isn't violating the patent, it's having the money to DEFEND the
patent...and with no one monetarily backing the defense, and not much
incentive for anyone to do so, not much is going to happen.

Austin