Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Bob Shell news
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:28:08 -0400

> It's probably an idle observation to note Mrs. Shell's reaction to the
> whole ugly business will probably negate in the eyes of the jury any
> conceivable advantage that mere "character" witnesses can bring to his
> defense.  A reasonable jury will, one assume, grant the
> soon-to-be-former-wife a more privileged perspective on the credibility
> of the defendant than any number of professional associates, unless, of
> course, the defense should move to impugn *her* character.  She's voted
> with her feet, as it were.
>
> Marc, with all respect, I have no feelings one way or the other
> regarding Mr. Shell, but I do wonder at the propriety of your posting on
> this issue.
>
> Chandos

How do you know that Mrs. Shell wasn't as you say "voting with her feet"
before any of this went down?  The marriage could have been a sham, a
volatile mix, a sterile match winding down for years, whatever.  It's your
kind of facile speculation about issues and situations to which none of us
are privy that are much more inappropriate to this forum (or any forum) than
Shell's legal counsel making a few abstruse comments about the case.

Gary