Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Back - I like the first step!
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:33:00 +1000

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 12:49  AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:

> No Rick! they've got "laser" beams now! a real aid toward focusing. OF
> course in a dark restaurant it scares the hell out of the person you're
> going to take picture of as they think a sniper is about to put a hole
> in them.

Yeah, I remember reading about that in the instructions for my F5 and
Metz 50.  But I only have a 300/2.8 to go with the F5, so the people in
the restaurant would think I was a sniper with a bazooka.

These flashy light thingy's don't work with R8s, see.  I had to ask a
guy to put a finger up in front of his girlfriend's face, and then he
wouldn't take it down for the shot.  Sheesh!   Dad used to tell us to
do this when taking pictures of us kids with his OM-10.  Hi tech!  We
used to do it automatically.  (we still do when he gets it out) But it
didn't help with his horizons.  We all lean to the left on slide nights.

Rick.